Does acupuncture hurt?
The sensation a patient feels during the acupuncture treatment is not painful; the feeling is more of a tingling or pressure feeling. If there is any discomfort the TCM practitioner can adjust the point. The needles are as fine as hair and after the points are in most patients fall asleep.
What can acupuncture treat?
Acupuncture and herbal medicine treat many health conditions. The World Health Organization recognizes over 40 health conditions that Traditional Chinese Medicine top of the list for treating such as ADD, Anxiety, asthma, colds/flu, digestive conditions, emotional conditions, pain acute and chronic, women’s health, and much more.
How does acupuncture work?
Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used medical procedures in the world. There is no quick easy explanation of Acupuncture; there are 14 meridians that govern functions of the body; they run along the body like a highway system. Blockages of Qi, deficiencies, excesses, or other issues in the meridians cause diseases in the body. Acupuncture helps your body restore, heal and rebuild naturally, at a pace your body can handle.
How many treatments will I need ?
The number of treatments needed vary. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a build upon process and can take 4-8 treatments to understand how you are responding to Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine. It mainly depends on your health condition(s): chronic or acute, underlying health conditions, or the cause of your health conditions. Once you are feeling great and ready to be kicked out of the nest we set monthly maintenance. Monthly maintenance is beneficial to combat recurrences.
Is Acupuncture safe?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved acupuncture needles for use by licensed practitioners in 1996. The FDA requires that sterile, nontoxic needles be used and that they are labeled for single use by qualified practitioners only. All needles are disposed of after one use.
What should I expect for my first visit?
Your first visit will be like any medical assessment. You will fill out a medical history form and go over your health concerns with the TCM practitioner. The practitioner will ask you questions, look at your tongue, feel your pulse and begin the treatment. The pulse and tongue are tools the practitioner uses to conclude the diagnosis.
Can I do Acupuncture if I am doing other treatments or taking a medication?
Yes! Acupuncture is a wonderful co-therapy for many conditions. If you are on medications, acupuncture will not interfere with them. Be sure to give an accurate health history so that your practitioner knows what is needed.
How many treatments will I need?
Most Patients are seen 2 to 3 times a week for the first 2-6 weeks. Once you are out of the acute healing phase and into the recovery phase, your treatments are spread out to once a week. Then you will move to the maintenance phase where your treatments are spread even further apart.
How much will this cost?
New Patient (2 appointments) $135.00
1- Acupuncture Treatment $70.00
4- Acupuncture Treatment package $219.00
6- Acupuncture Treatment package $299.00
10- Acupuncture Treatment package $449.00
8 Quit Smoking/Chewing sessions $380.00
30 min Stress reducing treatment $30.00
Cupping Treatment $30.00
All Medical Services are subject to Minnesota health care tax of 2% of the total cost of treatment
10% off for Seniors (62 or older) & Anytime Fitness members, Snap, Services Members, Students, Teachers
(Payment is due at time of service. Cash, Credit & Debt cards, Health Savings Accounts Accepted.)
Will my Insurance policy cover treatments?
TCM Wellness Clinic with the help of Holistic Billing will research your health insurance company benefits and verify if your Acupuncture treatments can be covered with your insurance plan.
Stop into TCM Wellness Acupuncture Clinic for your free verification of Health Insurance Benefits. If your health insurance does not cover Acupuncture, we have packages available.
Health Insurance Companies
- Medica – Some plans cover all or part of acupuncture treatments. TCM Wellness Clinic will provide a detailed invoice, which you can submit. You will need to know your diagnosis code, which you can obtain from your referring physician.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota – We can verify if your insurance plan covers acupuncture and what providers are covered. If your plan covers your treatment, TCM Wellness Clinic will provide the necessary invoice for you to submit.
- Medicare and Medicare Supplements – Acupuncture is not covered by medicare.
- Health Partners –TCM Wellness Clinic is not in their network of providers. HP Covers acupuncture, but only if performed by one of their providers, therefore Health Partners may not pay for your treatments done at TCM Wellness Clinic.
- Medical Expense Accounts and Alternative Medical Reimbursement Plans – Most will reimburse for acupuncture treatments.
Auto Insurance or Worker’s comp Insurance
- Auto Insurance Personal Injury Coverage – TCM Wellness Clinic will accept and bill for Personal Injury covered by an auto insurance policy. However, you must have a written referral from your treating physician or chiropractor, who must provide a diagnosis, a diagnosis code and their ID number. You will need to provide your insurance information as well as your claim number.
- Other Insurance – We will happily provide a detailed invoice to your insurance company for your claim, but we cannot guarantee coverage nor will we contact your insurance company on your behalf.
Call us today at 612-965-5227
~ or ~
Book your appointment online today by clicking below: